Hi! I’m Grace.
I get really excited about food. I could talk pie crust for hours and usually have a stack of three or four cookbooks on my bedside table. I love the coziness of the kitchen and enjoy even the mundane tasks—making tea in the morning, peeling apples for a pie, chopping onions, clearing counters. You might say I have a passion for puttering around the house. I live in Boston with my boyfriend Sam.
Why “Little Sister Kitchen”
The youngest of three siblings, I spent my childhood getting in the way of great cooks. My job was always to set the table, which I now understand was code for “get Grace out of the kitchen.” While my sister whipped up Linzer Tortes and experimented with homemade pasta, I was busy “toasting” bread on the radiator for my dolls. A few decades later, I’ve finally caught up a little. These days when my sister and I cook together, we’re a many-limbed kitchen dervish, barely noticing who’s chopping what, talking and laughing until somehow, magically, there’s a delicious meal on the table.
What you’ll find here:
- Simple recipes that reflect how I like to eat. Maybe you’ll get inspired to make more toast or put olive oil in your granola.
- My latest baking projects (Hand pies! A wedding cake! Cream puffs!)
- Recipes that I’ve tried, loved, and want to share with YOU! (Like surprisingly moist vegan lemon cake or 5-ingredient chocolate bars that take 5 minutes to make
- Conversations with cooks I admire (like my sister!)
- The Little Things, a recurring post where I share what food related things I’m reading, listening to, longing for, or laughing about.
Thanks for stopping by!